- The FOSDEM (Feb 5-6 2011) is the largest open source developers conference in Europe (more than 5000 people attending)
- Practical details on the official conference website
- There many tracks and devrooms focusing on specific topics
- datadevroom open only on Saturday 5th February from 13:00 to 19:00
- room AW1.124 with 59 seats
- it's free as in beer too :)
What to do now?
- Answer the Call for Presentations for the devroom (please advertise to interested user groups)
- Join the participants mailing list and engage with other people interested in attending the event.
- Follow @DataDevRoom on twitter
Topics of the datadevroom
Main topic: Open Source tools for Data Analysis
The event will comprise presentations on scalable data processing::
- Information retrieval / Search
- Large Scale data processing
- Machine Learning
- Text Mining
- Computer vision
- Linked Open Data
Sample list of related open source / data projects (not exhaustive):
- http://hadoop.apache.org (including MapReduce, Pig, Hive, ...)
- http://mloss.org & http://mldata.org
- http://dbpedia.org & http://freebase.com
Potential Speakers to talk to
- Sean Owen for Mahout
Mailing lists to send CfP and invitations to
- Xing Groups for Hadoop, Lucene, Scalable Information Retrieval
- Linked.In Groups for Hadoop, Lucene, Mahout
Who would like to be part of the organizing team
What hashtag do we use? #datadevroom ? #dataroom ? #fosdem + #data ?
- OG: I like #datadevroom + #fosdem
Do we plan to records the talks? Do we have a camcorder + microphone + 10 meters cable to link them?
- OG: I plan to buy one (camcorder + microphone + 6 meters cable)